There are a mass of local attractions around Castle Cary
Bruton – 4 miles
Sherborne – 11 miles
Wells – 12 miles
Bath – 25 miles
Venues & Attractions
A short drive takes you to Bruton and the internationally acclaimed Hauser & Wirth contemporary art gallery. Bruton is also home to King’s Bruton, Bruton School for Girls and Sexeys School, while Sherborne School, Millfield and Port Regis are only twenty minutes away. Close by is Stourhead, one of the crown jewels of The National Trust – the perfect family outing. Plus so much more.
- The Factory is an antiques goldmine that happens to also sell good coffee and has a wine shop. Opposite the entrance to Castle Cary railway station it is really quite cool and definitely worth a visit.
- The Bath and West Showground which is a huge outdoor events venue for everything from agricultural shows to religious gatherings is 5 miles away
- North Cadbury Court which is a lovely venue for weddings, parties and conferences is 3 miles away
- Hauser and Wirth Somerset. The internationally acclaimed Hauser & Wirth contemporary art gallery is under five miles away. Not only does it house some of the world’s finest contemporary art, but it has a garden by Piet Oudoff and when you eyes are full you can stroll into the Roth Bar and Grill (see below) and do the same with your stomach!
- The Bay Tree (01963 350989 – closest pub – 100 metres)
- The Gallery Bar. Friday/Saturday nights 7-11pm for music, drinks and art. (600 metres)
- The Bakehouse Tea Rooms. Good coffee and great cakes. Also very good Thai food for lunch and dinner – must book. (600 metres)
- The Orchard Inn, Galhampton. Good pub grub and friendly staff. (2 miles)
- The Montague Inn. Sean, the friendly landlord keeps a “good house”. Excellent local beers, bar snacks and good beer as well as a restaurant and beer terrace. (3.2 miles)
- At The Chapel. This is the bar/restaurant/bistro that put Bruton on the map. Fab food, lovely staff and an ambience to die for. Booking is essential for a meal although it is worth just dropping in for a drink as well (5 miles)
- Matt’s Kitchen. Wed-Friday for dinner only. Take your own wine. Quirky, single dish permanent pop-up restaurant. Always check their menu because there is no main course alternative to the published menu(5 miles)
- The Roth Bar and Grill. On the same site as Hauser & Wirth Somerset so kill two birds… Must book for lunch and dinner. Music dancing and cocktails on Friday nights. (6 Miles)
- The Queens Arms. In the charming village of Corton Denham. Honest country pub with good food, bar snacks, a pleasant terrace and well-kept beer (6.5 miles)
- Kings Bruton
- Bruton School For Girls
- Port Regis
- Hauser & Wirth Somerset (6 miles)
- Haynes Motor Museum (3 miles)
- King Alfred’s Tower (7 miles)
- Longleat House & Gardens (20 miles)
- Stourhead House and Gardens (14 miles)
- Royal Navy Fleet Air Arm Museum, Yeovilton (8 miles)
- Wheathill Golf Club (4 miles)
- Wraxall Vineyard (5 miles)
Visiting elderly relatives? We are a perfect place to stay if you have friends or relatives in one of the residential homes in or around Castle Cary. South Cary House is virtually next door and Highfield House is about 5 minutes walk away.
Trowbridge which has shops in London, Atlanta and New York also has one in Castle Cary. Perfect if you are looking for inspiration.
Pick up a bargain at Charterhouse Auction Rooms in Sherborne
Go clay pigeon shooting at Wood Farm, in Mere
For further information look at the other pages on this site or please call Frances on 07957 663088 or 01963 350666 or email: email@example.com